I went back to the neurologist today for my follow-up appointment. She told me my MRI results came back good; nothing notably wrong... only a bit of slight arthritis in my neck, which might explain why it often feels stiff for me. Brain looked normal. No sign of why I'm having headaches...
She talked to me about some options for medication for the headaches, primarily Topamax. It's a preventative med for headaches, meaning i would take it on a steady routine to help prevent them, instead of taking them only when headaches occur. It sounds like it might be a good way to go, but she explained a few of the side effects that may occur: tingling of fingertips, inability to focus at times, possible depression...etc. I didn't fill the prescription, because now that I know that nothing is seriously wrong with my head, I'm confident that it will feel more at ease in the coming months without medication, especially when Dian is finally with me.
I'm just going to talk with Dian about it first before deciding anything...
No comments:
Post a Comment