Monday, October 6, 2008

Life In Mono

The blood test from after my neurology appointment said I'm positive for mononucleosis (commonly called "mono"). So I called my primary doctor this morning and made an appointment to get checked out. He said it's a mild case of it since I don't show many of the common symptoms of it, aside from fatigue and headaches. He finds it odd that I've had it before (when I was 17), and have it again now at 29. It's fairly rare for that to happen apparently...

He suggested to get plenty of rest and to not overexert myself for a couple weeks, and that I should start feeling better within two weeks or so. If I'm not feeling back to normal in four weeks, or notice that the headaches are getting worse, I should see him again. Aside from that, it should go away on its own.

He gave me a prescription for my headaches (Butalbital).

In the meantime, I should be hearing soon from Cascade Imaging, who will be scheduling my Brain and Neck MRIs...

No comments: