Today I went to Cascade Imaging (Auburn, WA) to have Brain and Neck (Cervical Spine) MRIs.
The MRIs went fine. It was an interesting experience, especially since I've never had an MRI done before. They gave me earplugs and slid me into the machine, where I had to lay still for about an hour and twenty minutes or so. They took many separate tests, each a few minutes long. And after the first forty minutes, they pulled me back out and shot me with contrast (gadolinium). This is an agent that goes into my veins to help them get a better visualization of my insides, from what I understand. After the shot, I began to feel a bit nauseous. They had me smell a tiny cloth with alcohol, and gave me a couple sips of water. That helped... Then I went back into the machine for another twenty-plus minutes of tests. After that, I was done.
Being slightly claustrophobic, the MRI wasn't as bad as I was expecting. I'm anxious to get the results, which should be within the next week.
No comments:
Post a Comment